Very rarely is indiect communication a good thing let alone efficient.
Communicate to the people that you are trying to get a message to, not through intermediaries.
It takes two times as long to have a one way conversation through a middleman. And if there’s any back and forth it’s exponentially more costly:
- Conversations happen twice
- Feelings aren’t transmitted or worse are distorted
- People summarize and don’t accurately represent the original message, mostly inadvertent and occasionally intentional.
- Miscommunications are doubled.
- Clarification requires high latency so people tend to not ask and just make assumptions thus compounding misunderstandings.
- When people speculate they tend to exaggerate concerns and make a mountain out of a nonexistent mole hill.
The list goes on.